- In the Eliminator or playoff match, RCB played against KKR on October 11th-2021.
- RCB lost the eliminator match in IPL-2021.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB):
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) holds the third position in the points table of Indian Premier League-2021. They managed to score 18 points in their account. They played total of 14 matches, in which they have won 9 matches and lost 5 matches. The top four teams from the IPL-2021 will move on to playoffs and one of the team is RCB. Their form in the last 5 matches is L W L W W.
RCB vs KKR:
RCB-team played their playoff eliminator match against the dream11 team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on October 11th at 07.30 PM, in which KKR won the match by 4 wickets. RCB-team won the toss and opted for bat first. RCB-team has scored 138 runs in 20 overs, with 3 wickets left to spare. KKR-team has managed to reach the target and has scored 139 runs in 19.4 overs, with 4 wickets left to spare. The head to head record RCB vs KKR in IPL-2021 is RCB won one match and KKR won one match. It is the first instance of RCB played with KKR in IPL playoffs. Virat Kohli is a skipper for RCB’s team who has scored 39 runs out of 33 balls in eliminator match at a strike rate of 118.18, including 5 fours. IPL-2021 is the last season for Virat Kohli as a captaincy.
RCB – Team Stats:
Key players of RCB-team are Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers, Devdutt Padikkal, Virat Kohli and Harshal Patel. Glenn Maxwell is a highest run scorer for RCB’s team who is a batting all-rounder and has scored 513 runs in IPL-2021 matches at a strike rate of 127.39, with 48 fours and 21 sixes. Devdutt Padikkal is a second highest-run scorer in RCB’s team who has scored 411 runs at a strike rate of 116.37, with 44 fours and 14 sixes. Virat Kohli is a right-handed batsman who has scored 405 runs at a strike rate of 116.69, with 43 fours and 9 sixes. Harshal Patel is a right-arm fast-medium bowler who has picked up 32 wickets in 14 matches at an economy rate of 7.95. He is a highest wicket-taker in IPL-2021. Mohammed Siraj, Harshal Patel and Yuzvendra Chahal are picked up 2 wickets each in the playoff match-2021.
RCB’s lost in Playoff match- Reasons:
- First reason – RCB’s team won the toss in playoff match and opted for bat first. If they opt for a bowl first may be chance of winning a playoff match.
- Daniel Christian gave more runs in a single over. He gave 29 runs in 1.4 overs at an economy rate of 17.40. He gave hat-trick sixes to KKR team. Some fielders have missed the catches, so this may be the main reason for lost the play-off match.
- Lack of T20 Bowlers – Death overs or slog overs are very important part of T20 cricket and RCB doesn’t have any death over specialist.
- Except Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers and Glenn Maxwell, there is not a single player who can be a helping hand in pressure.
- Too much dependency on AB de Villiers and Kohli – In the last few seasons, the burden of making or chasing a big total was on de Villiers, Kohli and Gayle. Gayle is not played in IPL-2021. So, the team is more depended in Kohli and de Villiers.
- Poor Fielding and Team selection – RCB is worst fielding side of IPL-2019 as of now. This creates huge pressure on his bowling attack. In the past few years Virat Kohli has been criticized a lot for his team selections.
- Poor Captaincy – Virat Kohli without any doubt is a great captain for Indian team. But he is not able to replicate his international captaincy success for RCB in IPL. Indian cricket team is a very consistent and balanced side in comparison with RCB-team.
Cricket is a team sports and if the team is not consistent and balanced then the captain can’t do anything alone.