Sabbhineni Meghana, a right-handed Indian women’s team cricket player, is from Andhra Pradesh. She started her cricket career by playing for Andhra and South Zone teams, gradually growing up in her career to playing for India Women, for which she played six Twenty20 International matches, ten First-Class matches and 62 List A matches. Let’s talk about her path from her early life and sing some of her praises in this article.
Sabbhineni Meghana Biography
|Full name||Sabbhineni Meghana|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1996|
|Place of Birth||Krishna, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Nickname||Athlete of India|
|School||DAV Public School|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
Sabbhineni Meghana – Career Information
In 2008, Sabbhineni Meghana began playing for the U-19 cricket team in Andhra Pradesh. And then, she was selected for the Board President’s XI team. Meghana played at a senior level in U-19 and U-23. In 2017, Meghana started playing for South Central and Indian Railways.
In 2021, Meghana participated in the Women’s Senior One Day Trophy, in which she was at the top of the list of most runs scored in the tournament. She has scored a total of 388 runs, with a century and two fifties included. Meghana took part in the Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, which happened in the year 2016. After all these performances, it isn’t surprising that she was announced as one of the three reserve players for the Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022.
|International||ODI – 12 February 2022 vs New Zealand |
T20 – 20 November 2016 vs West Indies
|Teams Played||Andhra (2009 – 2017)|
South Zone (2014-2017)
|Net Worth||$1 – 5 million approximately|
Sabbhineni Meghana – Batting Career Summary
Sabbhineni Meghana – Batting Style
|Batting Style||Right handed bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium fast|
|Playing Role||Opening batswoman|
Sabbhineni Meghana – Family Details
There is no clear information about Sabbhineni Meghana’s parents.
Sabbhineni Meghana Unknown Facts
- Sabbhineni Meghana was interested in cricket while studying in the seventh standard. She was also interested in other sports, such as swimming, skating, and badminton. But she opted for cricket because there was a lack of amenities for other sports. In her entire town, she was the only girl who took up an interest in cricket and practiced for it.
- Her parents were very supportive of both her career and studies. Her mother used to wake her up for early morning practice at 4.00 am. Her father travelled with her during cricket tournaments and helped her study during non-match days.
- Once she was selected for the state team, Meghana found it difficult to balance academics and cricket. But in the tenth board exam, she scored 88% just by studying for a couple of months.
- When Meghana was playing for U-19 and U-23, she was selected for ZCA camp, as a big surprise.
- While waiting for the selection in South Central Railways, two other Indian cricket players were waiting on the list. So, the chance was very few for me. But the head coach of South Central Railways decided to select Sabbhineni Meghana through the talent quota for her performance and talent. Later, She played for the Indian Railways team.
Sabbhineni Meghana is working on her fitness and mindset to be fully prepared and give her best in the upcoming tournaments in which she participates.