As we all know, our Indian women’s team captain, Harmanpreet Kaur, is the captain for all three formats. Let’s look into Kaur’s biography, including personal and career information.
Harmanpreet Kaur – Personal Information
|Full name||Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar|
|Date of Birth||8 March 1989|
|Place of Birth||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Moga, Punjab, India|
|Height||160 cm (in centimetres)|
1.6 m (in meters)
5’ 3” (in feet inches)
|Weight||54 kg or 119 lbs|
|School||Hans Raj Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar|
|Hobbies||Driving, Listening to Music|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
Harmanpreet Kaur – Career Information
Harmanpreet Kaur played her first ODI match on 7th March when India played against Pakistan in 2009. That match was a part of the Women’s Cricket World Cup 2009, in which she bowled for four overs and conceded ten runs. Her T20I debut was on 11th June, when playing against England in ICC Women’s World Twenty20 2009, and she scored 8 out of 7 balls in that game.
During the final match of the 2012 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, both the captain and vice-captain of the Indian women’s cricket team were injured, and that’s when Harmanpreet Kaur was named as the captain of the team. When she played the match as a captain, she scored 81 runs and won the Asia Cup finals.
Harmanpreet Kaur – Career Information
|International||Test – 13 August 2014 vs England Women in Wormsley|
ODI – 7 March 2009 vs Pakistan Women in Bowral
T20 – 11 June 2009 vs England Women in Taunton
|Jersey Number||84 (India)|
45 (Sydney Thunder)
|Coach||Kamaldeesh Singh Sodhi|
|Teams Played||India Women (2009-present)|
Punjab Women (2006-07, 2013-14)
Railways Women (2013-present)
Lancashire Thunder (2018-19)
Manchester Originals (2021)
Melbourne Renegades (2021-present)
Sydney Thunder (2016-present)
|Awards||Arjuna Award (2017)|
|Salary||INR 40 – 50 lakhs approximately|
|Net Worth||INR 2 Crores approximately|
Harmanpreet Kaur – Batting Career Summary:
Some of the amazing achievements Harmanpreet Kaur has left in our hearts in her cricket career. Let’s remember some of them in this article:
- When India Women competed against South Africa Women in 2015, Harmanpreet Kaur bagged nine wickets, which helped the Indian Women team win the game by an innings and 34 runs.
- She was signed for the Sydney Scorchers in the year 2016, which made her the first Indian cricket player to play for an overseas T20 franchise. What a proud moment for India, though!
- In ICC Women World Cup 2017, India women and Australia women competed against each other in the semi-final match of the tournament. In the first nine overs of the match, India Women scored only 35 runs for two wickets lost, and here comes our sensation by scaring the Aussies bowlers. She scored 171 runs out of 115 balls, including 20 boundaries and seven sixes. This score took 3rd place in the record of highest World Cup score and 5th position in the highest overall score. Harmanpreet Kaur not only won the Player of the Match award but also helped the team defeat Australia Women and win the game by 36 runs.
|ODI (2009- present)||118||100||16||2982||171*||35.5||71.4||4||15||290||39|
|T20I (2009- present)||121||109||21||2319||103||26.4||–||1||6||201||62|
Harmanpreet Kaur – International Centuries:
- In 2013, India Women competed against England Women in an ODI match, in which Harmanpreet Kaur managed to score 107 runs not out.
- In 2013, India Women faced off against Bangladesh Women in an ODI match, in which she had scored 103 runs.
- In 2017, Indian Women matched up against Australia Women in an ODI match, in which she had scored unbeaten 171 runs.
- In 2022, India Women played against West Indies in an ODI match, in which she scored 109 runs.
- In 2018, India Women competed against New Zealand in a T20I match, in which she scored 103 runs.
Harmanpreet Kaur – Batting Style:
|Batting Style||Right handed bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium fast|
|Playing Role||Batting All Rounder/ Captain|
Harmanpreet Kaur – Family Details
|Father Name||Harmandar Singh Bhullar|
|Mother Name||Satwinder Kaur|
|Sister Name||Hemjeet Kaur|
|Brother Name||Garry Bhullar|
Harmanpreet Kaur’s father was an aspiring cricketer in those days, but he couldn’t become one for personal reasons. He was the first coach of Harmanpreet Kaur, when she had started playing the sport of cricket.
Harmanpreet Kaur – Unknown Facts
- Harmanpreet Kaur has become the captain of Indian Women team in ODI matches, when India Women And Bangladesh Women competed against each other in the tour. She perfectly managed the tournament by scoring centuries. She finished the tour with 195 runs with the batting average of 97.50 and bagged two wickets.
- After Mithali Raj’s retirement announcement, BCCI appointed Kaur as a test match captain on 8th of June 2022.
- In February 2017, South Africa Women and India Women faced off against each other in the World Cup Qualifier match. That’s when Harmanpreet Kaur hit six off the very last ball of the innings, which helped the team to take their win in the match.
Harmanpreet Kaur, one of the best female cricket batswomen, has scored most runs in an innings. She has helped the Indian Women team to take victories in many matches.